After doing 40 days of Kriya to get the energy moving and Har Har Wahe Guru in August and September, I felt a little lost of what to do next, I wanted something with movement and another mantra to chant. I set out to do this next Kriya for 90 days but by day 50 I felt my body couldn’t continue and I wasn’t connecting to the mantra, so I stopped. It’s something I haven’t done in my morning practices, stopping, but if you’ve been working your body too hard doing many yoga Kriyas – it’s always important to listen to your body.
About the Kriya and meditation:
I had hurt my foot a day previous and Basic spinal energy series is a good sitting set where the upper body is used most. It’s a series that works from the base of the spine to the top all 26 vertebrae get stimulation and all chakras have burst of energy, it’s also said to bring mental clarity. You can find the Kriya and description on pinklotus. com
Chattr Chakkr Vartee is a mantra that instills courage and fearlessness into every fibre of your being, I felt I wanted a boost of boldness and to learn this mantra fully. You can read more about the mantra for fear of change here.
What I notice through my notes:
- I didn’t have time to have a cold shower like other times, so I opted for washing my face and brushing my teeth and tounge.
- I reminded myself again sugar and eating late are pointless and drinking more water makes me feel better!
- On my days off I enjoyed doing Sun Salutations, Kirtan Kriya, Pituary Glands Set and I am meditation.
- I felt attracted to Kriyas with lots of arm work and felt a wanting to go to classes.
- I listened to music Simrit- Songs of resilience and Harnam on Spotify.
- I joined in a great free webinar with Jei Dev Singh.
At the end of 50 days:
- I realised I was doing way too much. My chest pain was back and hormones unbalanced, adding so many Kriya’s and meditations is a sure indication that I wasn’t getting what I wanted from my morning Sadhana and something was off.
- Though I found mentally I felt less anxious, negativity and nervousness just flew off me!
A change, a shift, magic/miracle:
- I started eating more veggies and juicing them.
- I went to my local Gurdwara alone for the first time to the weekly Simran, one day before my birthday!
- I went to Southall with two friends I went to the Great British Kundalini Festival with back in the Summer. It was my first time at a Naagar Kirtan and there was a friendly atmosphere, many people shared their foods and I ate things for the first time, I ate A LOT and it was the best day of that year.