This year Christmas day was a little different, I had just downsized to a smaller space, cancelled my usual celebrations and was ‘Single at Christmas’.
I don’t go all out at Christmas like I used to, I have a calmer view of it all, I don’t get sucked into the stress of having to find people the perfect gift, I let go of expectation that really we don’t have to do anything. I also know that everyday is holy, one day of the year gets a lot of attention, so I prefer to make December a month of reviewing and planning for next year.
I embraced this new change, here are 5 ways Christmas Day 2016 was magical:
On Christmas morning I got up and did my usual Yoga, I was doing 40 days of Radiant body Kriya.
- I went for a run to the local woods, I listened and spoke aloud to Tony Robbins Incantations, repeating them over and over as I ran up and down a hill. I was wearing my new glitter watch I’d opened that morning from Junk Jewels. I was energised, it felt magical.
- I made a list of my three most important tasks to get done before family came at 1pm, all the sitting around we do on Christmas day feels more worthy when I get my priorities done first. I felt great accomplishing something before lounging around.
- I ate many walnuts! I am vegetarian and made myself some walnut and onion burgers to go with my veggies, the apple and walnut stuffing my dad made was delicious, I ate lots of it. Walnuts, taste great in different dishes. Also my Nan made Christmas puddings in mini portions using a mould, they were quiet magical.
- I opened presents with my family, my brother and I had very little money to spend on each other and it turns out we both got each other a rubbish gift. It made me laugh! Everyone liked their gifts and I felt grateful at others thinking of and buying for me.
- As the evening got on I felt tired from talking and consuming a lot of food, I had work the next day so I lit some candles, made de caff chai tea and watched the Dr.Who special in bed. I only watch it at Christmas and it was about the return of Dr. Mysterio, the special powers of a superhero, that was magical.