After the success of getting through Nabhi Kriya for 40 days, I was excited for my next one, Kriya for Elevation didn’t really ‘elevate me’, at least not at first and it wasn’t till Day 26 while at my training I found speeding up the pace and doing breath of fire correctly changed everything! That’s the brilliant thing about doing a Kundalini training, you learn a lot from doing yoga in groups, asking questions to people and getting guidance.
Kriya for elevation is a whole system tune up and aids in the circulation of prana to balance the chakras, you can view it here.
Things I noticed and did in 40 days:
- A week in I was still connecting to the kriya, I did Kriya for stress, adrenals and kidneys in spare time.
- I went to a sign making workshop and marched around town with people for International Women’s Day.
- Less blocks around changes, my eyes were sore (from grief) and I felt really dehydrated for days so drank more water, I went to a workshop at Southall Kundalini Centre and really enjoyed meditation for removing fear of the future.
- I read Siddartha a small novel by Hermann Hesse.
- I blended my own soup for the first time!
- I noticed my happiness jar was filling with happy moments written on papers.
- I started feeling more balanced, motivated and clear about life. I started painting along side doing yoga, everyday tasks and leisure time. I felt more positive about the uncertainty of living in my old home town. To make it the year of saving, figuring things out and working on me.
- I bought a Nutri bullet to start making juices again.
- By day 33 I felt the great effects from doing Kriya more correctly and quicker, I started reading The Work by Byron Katie all about loving what is and doing self enquiry.
Things I noticed by day 40:
- I felt greater appreciation and remembered that everything is temporary
- I felt resistant about doing the kriya one day, then looked to see it was day 40 – my body knew!
- A friend at work reminded me to appreciate things as they are, to see how lucky I am.
- Another friend introduced me to empowering ways of thinking about and dressing my body.
- I continued on looking for jobs, being broader with my searches and saving alerts.
- A few steps closer to clearing my credit card balance to pay…
- I went to a Sunday morning Gong bath with Holly Cole which helped cleanse and relax myself.
A change, a shift, magic/miracle:
- I changed my shopping habits dramatically! I take time when shopping, I relax into it, I try things on and look in the mirror for more than 5 seconds. I don’t just buy because I really like it, even though it’s too baggy and doesn’t flatter my figure. I notice if it fits, feels right and shows my figure – it’s empowering.
- I was told in the last week of the kriya is was my last time cat sitting as he was no longer away on business at the end of every week. This threw me off a bit and caused a bit of stress in my body. It was good, I could have the end of my week back again, I could feel like I fully moved on and bad as it was my last time with the cats (they used to be our cats), I would no longer have two days of privacy, walking distance to town and Friday night pizza nights out with a friend. Though we both agreed it was great timing for his studies and packing – unpacking – repacking my stuff was getting to be exhausting.
- Day 40 I got a call from my ex/friend and web developer that my sites weren’t finished but he would sort out themes for me and they’d be ready the next day! For years all of what I wanted appeared! Boundaries work and he was true to his word. Content and theme development is now underway!
Things I felt drawn to work on further:
- Saying how I feel more clearly and consciously.
- Being more flexible in allowing myself to have creative time, no set rules.