For the last 40 days, I have been doing archer pose each morning. (Also in my morning routine was stretch pose and meditation.)
Archer pose, similar to Warrior, in a physical aspect it strengthens the quadriceps, intestines, knees, legs. It’s a standing posture, it’s quiet grounding and self affirming. It is said to develop the third chakra of will and courage. I did for 3 minutes on each side through you can increase it to 11 minutes each side and develop your radiant body.
The first few days I really noticed my arms hurt, they ached, I felt the stretch. Similar to when you keep your arms up for long periods in a class or at white tantric.
Here’s my highlights of things done or interesting happenings over 40 days:
- I went to a Sikh Art Exhibition and listened to Kirtan, it was wonderful and I’m going back for New Years!
- I’ve been teaching Kundalini Yoga at home and have secured an evening off work to teach, I’ve been more open that I teach too and even included it in the ‘what I do’ when joining a sports centre recently. I put myself down as Support Worker, Artist, Yoga teacher!
- I went to two classes and a Gong bath taught by a close friend of mine, the whole experience was great and it was deep conversation that really opened up my awareness on issues.
- I visited London with my family and it was really great, we just went with the flow!
- I’ve been doing homeless feed Seva in town and it’s really interesting, enjoyable and I learn something new each time.
- I visited Prague! I finally went, on my own, sightseeing around the beautiful city!
- I’ve connected with Sangat more and again real and spiritual conversations are so valuable.
- I finished a painting on canvas of a lotus flower – no mud, no lotus!
- I finished a colourful journal spread
- I attempted to find a self defence class near me but got lost and attempted Besan instead.
- I went to Jean Micheal Basquiat Art exhibition at the Barbican, it was very interesting as is the documentary on BBC from Rage to Riches.
- I’ve been relaxing in cafes, reading books. Single life in Winter seems slower, cosy cafe time.
- I booked three hotels in three different places! Birmingham, Edinburgh, Staffordshire.
- I did Seva with Basics and got to share Sikhi with people and ask questions on Amrit.
- I watched Kumare a fascinating film on life and spirituality, the true story of a false prophet.
- I’ve joined a fancy sports centre! Swimming, relaxing in bubbles, steaming it up – my idea of water therapy. I’ve also started in the gym and going to classes as have signed up…for a triathlon next year!
- I visited Birmingham, went to different Gurdwaras, walked around Christmas markets and met up with a friend! It was here I had a surprise Amrit Vela experience, discovered upbeat Chaupai Sahib .
- Listened to Veer Manpreet Singh (on Spotify- check him out) live at local Gurdwara and chatted to him
Three amazing realisations or happenings in the last few days:
- I may be going to India next year! It’s about 50% sure…
- I’ve totally let go of a relationship that won’t serve me now or in the future. That’s hard. Huge even. I am thankful for such sweet supportive honest friends!
- I feel more connected in Sikhi than ever before and am increasing my Nitnem more. Since the above point I even find myself thinking and saying Wahe Guru more, it’s the oddest most wonderful thing as I didn’t actually do anything I just felt something shift. I’ve also accepted that when being blessed with Amrit I may not be able to keep Ajeet, I’m fond of it, it suits me, overcoming obstacles to victory. But it’s all Wahe Guru, chardi kala we’ll see what happens!
- On day 40 it snowed!! I also ignored other people’s fears of myself driving in the snow. Times like that you have to separate yourself and not take on someone else’s worries. As I did I was able to get my phone fixed, work out on the cross trainer while it was snowing and go to Katha and Q n A. The roads were clear, there was less traffic and I enjoyed each journey listening to Kirtan.
Where I’m going from here:
I’m continue to try out classes on a Tuesday, even teaching just two people I learn and they receive something. I’m going to do more meditation in morning and physical exercise separately, though it’s always good to do stretches in the morning. I’m going to focus more on Gurbani too, tomorrow I’m off to Edinburgh sightseeing, night all.