In January I wrote a list of what I was doing that month to stay accountable to progress, plans and achieve what I set out to do. I’m carrying it on with a monthly check in! If you would like to team up as accountability buddies, contact me.
FROM JANUARYS PLAN I….
- Went to a life drawing class
- Made five 27 bead malas, gave one to a friend, sold one and three are now in my Etsy shop.
- I’m at the end of a brilliant writing course. So far I have written one article I’m happy with and two I’m working on. It’s given me valuable incite to how magazine writing works. The style of writing on here will change a bit, some articles and others personal like this one!
- I have finally finished the planning pages in Leonie Dawson’s yearly workbooks.
- I put up vision board (cork board) and instead of cramming it with small pictures of roles I have or what I want to do – mother, painter, writer, yoga teacher and go on mini travels. I have put up small-A4 photography that stood out to me from magazines. So far a forest, flip flops on dusty ground, a camper van and an illustration of someone walking around a neighbourhood. I’m putting up pictures of things that call to me, that ignite a feeling.
- I’ve changed my mind on doing a hypnobirthing course, instead I’m reading Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin. So many beautiful natural birthing tales from women in caravans, on a farm.
- I’m still thinking about doing a daily project but no decisions yet. There’s a lot of work that goes into them behind the scenes (I’ve tried and failed) and I don’t yet have a theme. Except maybe 40 days before and 40 days in motherhood? Though I will have to start soon as I feel baby is coming early! So far I’m finishing things off my things-to-get-done-before-baby-comes list.
- I have set up creative spaces in bedroom for writing and downstairs for painting. I carry a basket with handles holding supplies in between places. I feel a bit like red riding hood.
PLAN FOR FABULOUS FEBRUARY
- Do ALL car renewals and changes, starting with insurance
- Paint bedroom and put in new furniture
- Mini projects to complete – glue gun found items onto manquein, make painted purses and put up to sell.
- Publish two posts a week here on the blog
- Put out a pitch twice a month
- Make mornings for writing stories
- Plan a yoga course with a theme
- Do 2-4 podcasts
- Play in creative room more, away from writing in room.
- Listen to body, take rest breaks, surrender to how I feel. Use them to read, watch videos and podcasts.