I started the year off with an accountability post for January and have done another for February so here is the third installment! This is where I reflect on the month of what I have and haven’t done, tasks in progress and plan for next month. I have also included other goals from my yearly planners here too.
FROM FEBRUARYS PLAN I HAVE:
- I have done car renewals and despite moving to a city my rates haven’t gone up too much! Next up is my MOT.
- We painted the bedroom white with a light blue feature wall! The dandelion lampshade makes pretty patterns around the wall and ceiling too. A lovely surprise as you can’t see that in the daylight in Ikea.
- I have published two posts a week, I am actually a week ahead of myself. It lessens my need to post just anything.
- I have played in my creative room more, I feel more settled and open to joy. It’s wonderful when I’m not interrupted and I have a few drawings on the go to finish.
- I’ve been listening to my body more, at 36 weeks pregnant I just go with whatever flows. I’m reading Mindful Hypnobirthing by Sophie Fletcher, she also has some soothing free mp3 tracks on here website mindful mama.
- I have followed up writing pitches and articles, I wrote one about death and dying (sounds grim but it has a positive message) though it hasn’t gone anywhere yet. I wrote Bed Upgrades on here and about maternity and minimalism that I sent to an online magazine you can read it here on thefinancialdiet.
- I’ve done more painting in my journal from an online course but honestly, I’m feeling to follow my intuition on what next.
- I finished reading Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May (she has another book but I won’t read it in time) and almost done with two others before I can read anything new!
- We went on a day out to Sky Garden, London. It’s free you just have to book tickets online and show at the door. We’ve been walking in local areas and I’ve finally been reunited with trees and grass at woods and lakes nearby.
I HAVE NOT:
- I haven’t done any future yoga planning, it feels like something to do the week before I actually teach something. It’s a still intuitive process that I hope I can do with a small baby. I am learning and living what I read and take note of at the moment.
- Done any mini projects I set out to do, I’m exploring drawing and I really want to paint a material cover for my Oyster travel card.
- I haven’t written personal memoir stories in the morning and as much as I miss that routine, I just don’t feel up to it.
- Podcast. What a headache, Podbean isn’t syncing to iTunes, there may be hope with Audio boom but I may be opening up a can of worms, or Soundcloud I could try?
- I haven’t stuck to one task a day, till yesterday. It was three and then four follow up tasks that sent me into overwhelm. I read about weekly planning and a light bulb came on though I ended up buying a weekly planner to go with my daily one and I still use my whiteboard too. I think it’s time to go back to Bullet Journaling, it’s practical, portable and I can have whatever layout I want.
THE PLAN FOR MARVELLOUS MARCH:
The baby could come anytime from next week so I won’t heavily plan, as a guide I will:
- Write 2 blog posts a week.
- Write 2 pitches/articles.
- Finish drawings in progress and show them.
- Rest often, I don’t have to be doing all the time. Keep up with our daily walks though.
- Stick to no-low spending as I’ve done since the start of the year, I seem to be slacking.
This month I was inspired by a Ted talk on filming One second every day and blogger Lauren Hannah’s project Document my life. I’ve started filming little clips from my day, mostly on my phone though I do have a Lumix camera. I’m not sure if it will lead to anything (this has happened before when I had a lot of time and wasn’t sure what to do with it), I may do a video a month or compile it over three months. I could use it for accountability in seeing beauty every day and getting out and doing more.
Here’s hoping my very loose and brief plan may open up opportunities for unplanned successes and baby birthing success and joy!