There’s been a lot happening around here! Or rather, with me inside and out, literally some big changes!
I’ve been up and down with creativity these last few months but by month three, I wrote out a sketchy first draft of life categories in my bullet journal one day sat on the grass before work and it felt like finally, I had come home.
1. I usually listen to music a lot, when walking, driving, on the bus, the neighbour even says ‘Hello, your plugged in again’. Though I’ve found myself not needing or wanting it as much, through the quietness ideas can come, you take everything you see in. I’m experimenting with a music on/ music off days.
2. I’m reading a really great read Coaching the artist within by Eric Maisel and it’s changed my process of doing things. I love books that include exercises as they’re interactive you don’t just read and ponder, you read and do, it makes you more active. A great process I’ve re-embraced is to read and do and exercise or read and do something creative, even just drawing from my imagination.
3. I watched films: Stranger than fiction about a writer who’s novel comes to real life with Will Ferrell and Emma Thompson. Also The day the earth stood still with Keanu Reeves brings back the message of humanity in a harsh world.
4. We had a go with the flow day in London, I got pic n mix, browsed Whole Foods and went to the the last days of exhibition Empire of the Sikhs.
5. Conversations on balance have come up with colleges and friends, it’s refreshing to talk about something of value to work on.
6. The Autumn leaves have come out! The oranges reds yellows, I’m already wondering of the best ways to capture them.
7. We got married! We had a beautiful Anand Karaj (Sikh ceremony) and registry too, I am now a Mrs Kaur! Our mini moons were in London and Windsor.
8. We’re expecting! As I’m in the second trimester I’m going to slowly write about it and tell people along the way. Read or watch about my 1st trimester.
That’s all for now, posts on personal challenges, creativity wedding snaps and about my first trimester are coming soon!